Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WORD FOR THE DAY -EGREGIOUS

Hello readers, or reader.  It's a nice, cool day here in the mid-Atlantic region.  The temperature isn't supposed to go above seventy-five degrees today. Hooray!  I've been waiting and waiting for some cool weather.  I'm so tired of sweating, I don't know what to do.  I know women don't sweat, they perspire, but I believe you should call a spade a spade.  Summer temperatures hovering in the nineties, plus hot flashes, aren't conducive to being very comfortable.  I stay in the house most of the summer because of the heat, although this summer hasn't been as hot as others.  I can't even work in the yard any more, because after thirty minutes my face gets as red as a beet.   So, I pacify myself by doing things that I enjoy doing in my cold, cold home.  I keep my home around seventy degrees all year.  My husband and children are constantly complaining about it but I tell them to put on some more clothes and deal with it.
At least, with cooler weather right around the corner I won't have to "snake watch."

This  has been a great day.  My daughter and I watched her grand, and my great,  granddaughter until 2:00 PM when my daughter had to leave to pick up her son from school.  She takes my granddaughter with her and keeps until her mother picks her up after she leaves work.  It's so nice being around her.  She's a wonderful child; she hardly ever cries and smiles twenty-four seven.  She's six months old now and is growing so fast.  They're little for such a short period of time.  I want to be with her every chance I can and miss her when I don't see her even for a day.

I usually pick up my great-grandson after school and bring him to my house until time to take him home. He's a very precocious child.  At six years old, he thinks he knows it all.  He's a beautiful child, with blonde hair and blue eyes, and I adore him but  he really wears me out.  One thing I have noticed, though, watching both of them and having to be more active has made me feel better physically.  I don't even had to lift weights anymore because lifting, bending, running,  wrestling, etc., is enough exercise for me.    I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family.

I've been "messing" with my beads this afternoon.  I took apart twenty necklaces I had made that I don't like anymore and I'll reuse the beads to make something entirely different.  Styles change and I want to keep up with them.  In retrospect, I see that my earlier designs look "dated".  That's definitely not what I want.  Even though I'm not that young, I want my designs look young.

How is everyone doing with the word of the day?  I hope you're looking the word up and trying to use it.   If you do, you'll be amazed at how things will starts to be easier to understand and how you will also be able to converse with confidence and your reading comprehension will greatly improve.

Well, its time to have dessert before it's too late.  I try not to eat anything after 8:00 PM  because the calories will be all fat calories.  Also,  anything chocolate is not good as chocolate has caffeine in it, which will keep you awake, plus it has lot of sugar.

Here's my idea of a great dessert:  one small container of either fat free or sugar free chocolate pudding, two tablespoons of "free" Cool Whip, two tablespoons of sugar-free Cherry preserves and four chopped almonds.  Mix all together and "masticate".  YUM!  YUM!

Hasta la Vista all - Pat

  







   

No comments:

Post a Comment